The Wilson gets festive with a Christmas shopping event
PUBLISHED: 10:42 02 December 2014 | UPDATED: 10:42 02 December 2014
The Wilson Shop, part of Cheltenham’s redeveloped art gallery and museum, along with the Guild@51 and The Wilson Café, will be staying open until 8pm on Thursday December 4 for The Wilson Shopping Event.
The special evening has been designed to welcome browsers and shoppers to the venue after hours, and to showcase an expanded range of new products available especially for Christmas. All are welcome to the event, which will be until 8pm. In addition to the exclusive shopping opportunities, a number of on-site activities have been planned, including:
· Book signings by local historians Steve Blake, Jill Waller & Sue Rowbotham .
· Live Christmas music provided by local schoolchildren from St. Gregory’s and Cheltenham-based Acapella group The Incredibelles.
· Festive face-painting and craft activities for children.
· Craft demonstrations by members of the Guild of Gloucestershire Craftsmen, and beautiful gifts for sale at the Guild@51.
· Festive food and drinks in The Wilson Cafe.
· Gift Memberships to Friends of The Wilson available.
· 10% discount on most items for the entire evening.
Sarah Cook, Customer and Visitor Services manager, said of the event: “We can’t wait to keep the doors open for our Christmas shopping event – we’re really keen to highlight the new range of gifts available in the shop and particularly excited to hear The Wilson full of festive cheer.”
Julie Finch, CEO of The Cheltenham Trust, said: “An event like this is a wonderful way to build on the presence of The Wilson within Cheltenham – and with both the Guild at 51 and The Wilson being so close to the Promenade, we hope to see lots of shoppers making the most of this special event.”
For more about The Wilson, visit www.cheltenhammuseum.org.uk