Jane & Marilyn at Henley
PUBLISHED: 13:28 26 June 2012 | UPDATED: 21:32 20 February 2013
'Grow-up glamour' label, Jane & Marilyn, has been selected by Henley Festival to showcase its designs at a fashion event during the prestigious annual celebration, which runs from July 4-8
Jane & Marilyn at Henley
Grow-up glamour label, Jane & Marilyn, has been selected by Henley Festival to showcase its designs at a fashion event during the prestigious annual celebration.
This is the first time a fashion event has been included at the festival, which runs from July 4-8, and Jane & Marilyn has been chosen as an exemplar of high-quality clothing, made in Britain. And, with the eponymous founders living in Wargrave, Berkshire (Jane Foddy), and Witney, Oxfordshire (Marilyn Wathes), it also reinforces the festivals policy of working with local brands.
Billed by Vogue.com as one of the most unmissable events, the five-night grown-up affair is the perfect reason to dress up in your black tie best.The Sunday Times Style Magazines Ultimate Social Calendar puts the festival on their 'hip happenings cool guide'.
Henley Festival artistic director Stewart Collins says, The festival is so obviously a place where people love to dress up, that its absolutely time we started working with designers of Jane and Marilyns calibre to add yet more glamour to the event.
In keeping with the brands ethos, the festivals organisers are also running a competition to find real women to channel their inner movie star and model Jane & Marilyns dresses.
- Jane & Marilyn is a fashion label launched in February 2011
- Jane & Marilyn is an e commerce business
- The online boutique can be found at www.janeandmarilyn.co.uk
- Jane & Marilyn provides grown up glamour for real women
- The collection is designed for woman of all ages who appreciate a grown up but feminine, sophisticated kind of glamour
- The Jane & Marilyn collection is inspired by the flattering, elegant style of the 1950s
- The dresses are designed to be both luxurious and practical, suitable for a variety of situations work; play; events
- The Jane & Marilyn collection is not fast, disposable fashion, rather its forever fashion, designed to be worn and loved year in, year out
- Most of the Jane & Marilyn collection is trans-seasonal, designed to be worn year round
- Jane & Marilyn has been launched by two experienced businesswomen (Jane and Marilyn), who met when they were eight years old and have been best friends ever since