6 ISSUES FOR £6 Subscribe to Cotswold Life today CLICK HERE

GPFA reception at Stanway House

PUBLISHED: 14:45 10 January 2011 | UPDATED: 17:48 20 February 2013

The Earl of Wemyss and March chats with Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP.

The Earl of Wemyss and March chats with Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP.

The Gloucestershire Playing Fields Association, with the kind permission of the Earl of Wemyss and March, welcomed guests from across the county to a reception at the Earl's home, Stanway House, to mark the retirement of Sir Henry Elwes.

The Gloucestershire Playing Fields Association, with the kind permission of the Earl of Wemyss and March, welcomed guests from across the county to a reception at the Earls home, Stanway House, to mark the retirement of Sir Henry Elwes KCVO as the Associations President. GPFA Chairman Tom Hancock thanked Sir Henry for his loyal and dedicated service to the Association and presented a plaque and the promise of a gift of a tree to Sir Henry. Guests were thrilled with a demonstration of the famous gravity-fed fountain, the tallest in the world.

The Gloucestershire Playing Fields Association was founded in 1926 by a small group of forward-thinking people who could envisage a time when children throughout the county would be threatened with a shortage of recreational space in which they could, through sport and play, work off their natural energy and aggression, safely and constructively.


Photography and captions: Shaun thompson

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Cotswold Life