6 ISSUES FOR £6 Subscribe to Cotswold Life today CLICK HERE

A new look for the Bull Hotel

PUBLISHED: 15:13 14 November 2011 | UPDATED: 20:17 20 February 2013

A new look for the Bull Hotel

A new look for the Bull Hotel

More than £100,000 has been pumped into the historic Bull Hotel at Fairford by owners Arkell's Brewery.


More than 100,000 has been pumped into the historic Bull Hotel at Fairford by owners Arkells Brewery. The Bull dates back to the 17th century and much of the investment is behind the scenes, with new plumbing and heating. Other investment has opened up the bar areas and redecorated restaurants and 60-seater function room.



The Bull Hotel was a monastic house, merchants house and meeting hall before being adapted as a hotel. Until 1910 part of the building served as bank.



The landlord Mark Dudley invited customers and friends to a special safari lunch to have a look for themselves. What they didnt see was the secret tunnel, discovered only a few years ago which allows subterranean access to the church 200 yards away. The entrance is hidden under the chefs office.


PHOTOGRAPHY BY: VICTORIA JONES


Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Cotswold Life