10 things you may not know The Bowood Proms
PUBLISHED: 11:58 02 August 2017 | UPDATED: 11:58 02 August 2017
As Classic Ibiza and The Great British Prom head to Bowood House in Wiltshire on August 5 and 6 here are the ten facts concert-goers may not know about the performers and what to expect from the musical extravaganza
1. Classical Music Thoroughbred: The world-famous conductor Anthony Inglis will be leading proceedings at The Great British Prom. Anthony is a former pupil of Marlborough College in Wiltshire and has performed more times at The Royal Albert Hall than any other living artist.
2. Dance Music A-listers: The Urban Soul Orchestra, who will be performing at Classic Ibiza, have played and recorded with a veritable who’s-who of dance music, including Nightmares On Wax, Groove Armada, Ultra Nate, Octave One, Full Intention, Modjo, Robert Miles and Spiller.
3. Rave On: The Urban Soul Orchestra will release Classic Ibiza, an album of ‘White Island’ dance anthems, on 4th August to coincide with The Bowood Proms. It features many of tracks being played on the night and is available on CD and all major music websites and apps.
4. The West Is The Best: The National Symphony Orchestra, who will be performing at The Great British Prom, has recorded more than 40 complete major classic musicals. The Leonard Bernstein Estate remarked, “There is no finer recording of West Side Story than that which was laid down by the NSO.”
5. By Royal Appointment: Anthony Inglis, The Urban Soul Orchestra and DJ Goldierocks all performed at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012. More recently, Classic Ibiza’s DJ Goldierocks played to Kate and William during their visit to Berlin.
6. Sing It Loud: Amateur choir Soul’d As Seen, winners of The Bowood Prom Choir Competition, will be joining the star-studded line up at The Great British Prom for a performance of Jerusalem. In total the shortlisted entries were viewed by over 100,000 Facebook users and received over 4,000 votes.
7. Food For Thought: Concert goers at both The Great British Prom and Classic Ibiza can either bring their own picnics or take advantage of the fantastic local street-food vendors on site. Which will you choose?
8. Charity Begins At Home: The Bowood Prom is proud to be supporting local charity The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust. This worthy cause will receive £1 from every programme sold on the night.
9. Go Out With A Bang: The Great British Prom concludes with a spectacular pyrotechnics display that features over 1,000 fireworks over a climatic five-minute period. The final volley of aerial shells will fill the Bowood sky with trails of crackling silver!
10. Beautiful Bowood: If that’s not enough, these two fantastic concerts will be taking place in the beautiful grounds of Bowood House. Designed by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown, they are deemed to be one of the finest examples of his work in the country.
Tickets cost £35 in advance (£38 on the night) and car-parking is free.