The Fudge Divas of Chipping Norton
PUBLISHED: 12:57 29 June 2015 | UPDATED: 12:57 29 June 2015
Never mind the Chipping Norton Set, if you really want to know about sticky goings on in the Cotswolds look no further than the Cotswold Fudge Co in Kingham
Just under the nose of David Cameron and close neighbours Alex James and Jeremy Clarkson, surrounded by rolling fields and stone walls, Cotswold Fudge Co is quietly beavering away producing delicious melt in the mouth confectionery using old fashioned recipes ‘ the way your mother used to make it’.
Jenny Silverthorne-Wright and Sarah Hobbs started Cotswold Fudge Co three years ago and began selling it to their local shops, but the business has steadily grown and the fudge can now be found throughout the region and beyond in farm shops, delicatessens, garden centres, theatres, local National Trust shops and other tourist venues.
“Our fudge is proving so popular, it is stocked in places such as Kensington Palace, and popular Cotswold haunts such as Sudeley Castle, Snowshill Manor and Burford Garden Centre, and even as far afield as Australia!” Said Jenny.
“And everything we produce carries the Fairtrade Mark, so customers can be sure the producers of our ingredients are paid a fair price for their work”.
But it’s not just about building a business built on ethics. The ladies have a lot of fun. “We think of ourselves as Fudge Divas, a description that also applies to our staff... other mums and family members who share our passion for all things sweet” explains Sarah.
“Everybody works hard but there is a lot of laughter and banter too....each batch is lovingly boiled, beaten and blended by hand, and that is what makes it so truly scrumptious”.
Cotswold Fudge is available from the following stockists in the Cotswolds:
• Burford Garden Centre
• Sudeley Castle
• National Trust: Hidcote, Snowshill, Upton House, Croome, Charlecote and Buscot Park
• Slimbridge Wild Fowl and Wetlands Centre
• Cotswold Conservation Visitor Centre, Northleach
• Cogges Farm Museum, Witney
• Cotswold Farm Park
• Bibury Trout Farm
• The Cotswold Food Store, Hanborough
• Cotswold Trading, Broadway
• Warner’s Budgens
• Gloucester Services Farm Shop
• Aston Pottery, Bampton
• Hampton’s Delicatessen, Stow on the Wold
• Hamper’s Deli, Woodstock
• Tortworth Estate Farm Shop
• Farm House Delicatessen, Cheltenham
• Hayles Fruit Farm, Winchcombe
• Revills Farm Shop
• Cotswold Cheese Company, Moreton in Marsh and Burford
• Chadbury Farm Shop, Evesham
• Coco, Nailsworth
• Hereford Delicatessen
• Cotswold Woollen Weavers
• Eagles of Deddington
• Westonbirt Arboretum
• Winstone’s Ice Cream
• Woodchester Manor
• Chipping Camden Tourist Information centre
• Witney Tourist Informatrion centre
• Burford Tourist Information Centre
• Fraser’s Budgens
• Oxford Castle
• Teddington Farm Shop
• Combe Mill
Visit their website for more information: www.cotswoldfudgeco.co.uk