Royds Withy King to support debates on some of the most challenging topics of our time
PUBLISHED: 13:30 06 March 2018
Simon Bassett, lead partner in the Oxford office of Royds Withy King, said: "We are proud to be associated with the FT Weekend Oxford Literary Festival and the debates discussing some of the most challenging issues of our time."
UK Top 100 law firm Royds Withy King, which has a large office in central Oxford, has been announced as headline sponsor of the Oxford Debates – a series of controversial discussions led by high profile speakers which form part of the internationally-acclaimed FT Weekend Oxford Literary Festival.
The Oxford Debates are taking place at Oxford Martin School from March 17 - 25 and will be led by historians, politicians, philosophers, economists and authors covering some of the most challenging topics of our time, including immigration, Brexit, climate change, education, Trump and the nature of evil.
Simon Bassett, lead partner in the Oxford office of Royds Withy King, said: “We are proud to be associated with the FT Weekend Oxford Literary Festival and the debates discussing some of the most challenging issues of our time. This provides us with a fantastic opportunity to engage with our clients and contacts while supporting our brand as lawyers ahead of the curve.”
The Oxford Debates include:
• A Post-Brexit UK: How Should it Look? with Mariot Leslie and Lord David Owen
• Too Much Immigration? with Sarah Baxter and Christopher Bertram
• The Nature of Evil with Reverend Giles Fraser and Julia Shaw
• Welcome to the Post-truth Era with Matthew d’Ancona and Alice Thwaite
• How To Raise Good Citizens with Stephen Law
• Are British Christians being Persecuted? With Andrea Williams and Stephen Law
• Our Fractured Society with James Bloodworth and Claire Fox
Click here for more information on the programme of debates, and to book tickets.