Local Retail Fund acquires prime retail parade investment in Gloucester
PUBLISHED: 11:19 20 February 2014 | UPDATED: 11:19 20 February 2014
Acting on behalf of Local Retail Fund, property consultants Alder King and Waypoint Asset Management have acquired the long leasehold investment in Block A, Whittle Square in Gloucester, for £1,900,000. The purchase reflected a net initial yield of 7.65%.
Local Retail Fund is an unlisted fund managed by Waypoint Asset Management on behalf of Schroder Property Investment Management and invests in assets ranging from stand-alone convenience stores through to neighbourhood parades.
Its latest acquisition at Whittle Square is situated on Gloucester Business Park adjacent to a Tesco Extra food store. The parade was constructed three years ago and comprises six retail units with tenants including Costa Coffee, Subway, Greggs and Dominos Pizza. The total income is £153,859 per annum and the average term to lease expiry is circa 13 years.
Mike Riley, joint Managing Director of Waypoint Asset Management, commented: “We are pleased to have completed this acquisition for Local Retail Fund. This asset is in line with the Fund’s strategy to invest in local centres and neighbourhood parades. The property is let to a mix of tenants and provides long term asset management opportunities.”
Gemma-Jane Ogden of Alder King’s investment team says: “Block A Whittle Square is an attractive retail parade investment owing to its excellent location on the established Gloucester Business Park and its close proximity to a substantial food store. The mix of tenants and the length of the unexpired lease terms were in line with Local Retail Fund’s requirements.”
Alder King and Waypoint Asset Management acted on behalf of Local Retail Fund and Rapleys advised the vendor the Chubb Common Investment Fund.
Alder King LLP is a leading multi-discipline property consultancy, and 12 times winner of the Estates Gazette ‘Most Active Agent’ award. Established in 1911 and employing around 150 people, the business is one of the largest provincially-based property consultancies operating in the United Kingdom and has representation across seven regional offices – Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton and Truro.
As market leaders in the South West working in both the public and private sector, Alder King is owned and managed by 42 partners and offers unrivalled market knowledge in all areas of commercial property ranging from:
· Agency – offices, industrial, retail and leisure and investment
· Professional Services – rating consultancy, rent reviews and lease renewals, expert witness, compensation and valuation
· Development – commercial and residential land agency and consultancy, strategic and speculative development
· Planning Consultancy – land appraisals, planning applications, appeals
· Asset Recovery - including banking support, compulsory purchase and compensation
· Building Consultancy Services – dilapidations and building inspections, project management and monitoring
· Management Services – property management, facilities management, PFI/PPP consultancy