Recipe: Wild boar salad with cherry beer dressing
PUBLISHED: 16:15 24 August 2015 | UPDATED: 16:15 24 August 2015
This seasonal summer salad from Cotswold charcuterie The Real Boar Co and chef Richard Bertinet is the perfect dinner party recipe or ideal as a low-carb lunch
• 50g per person of finely sliced boar salami
• 1 oak leaf lettuce
• 1 small bottle of cherry beer or cherry vinegar
• 12 ripe English cherries
• Small pinch of sugar
• ½ tsp English mustard
• 8 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
1. Remove the stones from the cherries and cut them into quarters. Place them in a bowl and cover with 6 tablespoons of the beer to marinade – for a few hours if possible.
2. Remove the cherries from the marinade and set aside. To the remaining liquid, add the mustard and stir to dissolve. Next, add the oil and check the seasoning.
3. Wash and dry the lettuce.
4. Arrange the meat around the edge of each plate. Carefully arrange a small amount of lettuce in the centre, then spoon the cherries around and drizzle over the dressing.
To discover more independent food and drink producers, head over to the Great British Life.
Have you made this salad? Tweet us your foodie pictures @CotswoldLife